As big fans of coffee for the social, productivity and enjoyment aspects – we thought we’d share a few coffee-related facts related from the workplace.
A Latte Stats
- In the UK we drink approximately 55 millions cups a day
- 80% of us visit a coffee shop once a week; 16% of us once a day
- Coffee is the second largest export after oil (based on dollar value)
- It takes precisely 42 coffee beans to make an espresso!
Mocha Than Just Fun
Flat White Fancies
a) The US Institute for Health released a study that discovered a link to suggest that drinking coffee helps you live longer.
b) The top professions for coffee consumption are;
- Scientists/Lab Technicians
- Marketing/PR Professionals
- Education Administrators
- Healthcare Administrators
We were somewhat surprised not to see online recruiters make this list!
c) The most popular types of coffee are a standard homemade brew, espresso and cappuccino.
What’s your favourite brew to kick start the day with?
It’s not just the increase in alertness we love about our coffee. Countless studies have shown that regular breaks away from our desks help with our productivity along with social interaction.