We came across an interesting article from Recruitment Buzz recently, which looked at where recruiters are going wrong in their talent fishing. Below, we have summarised accordingly.
Job advertisements and postings have been under a lot of scrutiny in recent months – with recruiters in agreement that they need to change. Traditionally they contain the roles and responsibilities of a vacancy, what it entails and who the candidate should be. Modern job postings should be an “extension of your brand” to attract candidates – the best candidates aren’t going to be attracted to a dull and run-of-the-mill job posting.
• By all means compile a job description, but this shouldn’t form the basis of your advertisement.
• Treat your job posting as an advertisement to an amazing candidate, not just somebody to fill the vacancy.
• Tailor your job posting to suit the perfect candidate, not just in salary and package – but something that appeals to the character of your ideal employee.
• Be entertaining and engaging – you stand to widen the net of candidates if people begin to circulate your advertisement naturally.
• Publish the original job description on a job board and make a comparison of the types of candidates that apply – there will undoubtedly be a difference.
RecruitmentRevolution.com are an online agency offering low-cost, fixed-fee recruitment services in the UK.