Workers Willing To Take Pay Cut To Save Colleagues Jobs

In a new poll conducted in the UK, almost two thirds of office workers said that they would be willing to take a cut in pay if it meant that their colleagues would be able to keep their jobs.

The results showed that a staggering 62% of employees would be willing to take a pay cut to help out their co-workers. The other 38% of those polled said that they would not, choosing instead to see their colleagues lose jobs so they could retain their current salary or get a pay increase and rise through the ranks in their current careers.

When asked what they would be willing to sacrifice in the work place, 48% said they would be willing to give up lunch breaks, 14% would give up cigarette breaks, 12% would work the weekends and 8% would give up their company cars.

Although workers are willing to give up breaks and other perks, 57% were in favour of keeping deluxe coffee machines over company programs promoting green causes in the workplace.

The results of the poll indicate that money is not the only motivating factor to keeping workers happy. While some are strictly in it for the money, team ethics and camaraderie play a large role in work place satisfaction. offer low cost recruitment in the UK