123Doc develops platforms/websites for the Academic Publishing industry with its solution cloudpublish.co.uk
We are seeking an experienced back-end developer with the following skills:
Candidates must have excellent knowledge of the following:
– Object-oriented programming in general
– Advanced, fluent object-oriented PHP specifically
– SQS & AWS CloudSearch
– XML (handling large XML data transfers with multiple schemas, also XSL transforms)
– git (BitBucket)
– experience working with RESTFul APIs
Knowledge of the following would be highly beneficial:
– Identity/access management systems such as OAuth, Shibboleth, etc.
– At least one CSS framework (e.g. Semantic), and LESS, SCSS, etc.
– HTML and CSS in responsive designs
Experience working on a large, distributed piece of software with multiple APIs (as distinct from small standalone websites) will be a great advantage, and experience with academic publishing and knowledge of library technologies and jargon would also be beneficial.
The candidate must be prepared to work with difficult legacy code, as well as Laravel.
The successful candidate will be working from home, with daily contacts with a very international team of developers and customer support staff.